[R] S for the Unwilling

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Wed Feb 19 00:43:55 CET 2003

There is a draft of a new document at
http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/unwilling_S.pdf
entitled "Using S for the Unwilling". (Or click on Tutorials from the
main web page.)

The aim is to get an inexperienced person who has a task to do in S-PLUS
or R
oriented and comfortable enough not to give up.  The audience I have in
mind has
no experience with either statistics or programming (and probably is not
keen on
changing that state).  Attention span is assumed to be minimal, so the
document
is by design as brief as possible.

I would appreciate comments.  I'd be especially interested in the
thoughts of the
recently unwilling.

The document will be available for copying and redistribution as long as
no more
than a nominal fee is charged.

Patrick Burns

Burns Statistics