[R] RODBC problems

Ingolf Kuehn kuehn at halle.ufz.de
Wed Feb 19 16:55:07 CET 2003

Hello,

I successfully used RODBC very frequently, but after having updatetd to R 6.0.2, the
current RODBC-Version gives me some problems.

After connecting to my Oracle-Database via odbcConnect("") (or the necessary
information) I receive a much longer output than usual:

RODB Connection 0
Details:
  case=nochange
  DRIVER={Oracle in OraHome90}

with all the details.

Previously, I just received my connection number (channel).

When I try to get data, now, I get an error, e.g.

> odbcTables(0)
Error in odbcTables(0) : first argument is not an open RODBC channel

However, I use the same DSN as ever and it works perfectly from MS-Query, MS-
Access and Quest-Toad to connect to Oracle

My machine is a Pentium 3 with Windows XP.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Ingolf Kuehn

Dr. Ingolf Kuehn
UFZ - Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH
- Sektion Biozoenoseforschung -
UFZ - Centre for Environmental Research
- Department of Community Ecology -
Theodor-Lieser-Strasse 4