[R] Pretty onscreen plots?

David Brahm brahm at alum.mit.edu
Wed Feb 19 17:07:03 CET 2003

Seth Falcon <sfalcon at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for ideas for creating high-quality plots for use in projected
> presentations (powerpoint, etc) --- ideally high-quality png, jpg, bmp.

I recently struggled with the problem of generating plots from R on Unix that
could be used in PowerPoint on Windows.  I learned that "png" format works
reasonably well, but the default resolution from png() was inadequate.  I ended
up using:

  bitmap("myfile.png", type="png16m", height=8.5, width=11, res=300)

and you might try even higher resolutions (res=600).
--
                              -- David Brahm (brahm at alum.mit.edu)