[R] function

skayis@lic.co.nz skayis at lic.co.nz
Wed Feb 19 21:10:04 CET 2003

Dear R users,

I have received many suggestions regarding my following function question.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to all R users who replied me. If
anybody needs, I can share the answers.

Kind Regards

Seyit Ali

----- Forwarded by Seyit Kayis/randd/Livestock on 20/02/03 09:03 -----

                      Seyit Kayis
                                               To:       r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
                      19/02/03 15:50           cc:
                                               Subject:  function

Dear R users,

I have some R code and trying to understand it. I have a vector

 myvec
 [1] 24 24 10 10 10 10 10 44 44 44 45 45 45 54 54 54 54 42 42

and a scaler

 myscaler
[1] 10

The following function:
match(myvec,myscaler)!="NA"

 returns :

 [1]   NA   NA TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE   NA   NA   NA   NA   NA   NA   NA
NA   NA   NA   NA    NA

I need a return

FALSE  FALSE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE   FALSE FALSE ...FALSE

Is there any function to perform this?

Any help deeply appreciated.

Kind Regards

Seyit Ali