[R] printing decimal numbers

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 19:40:05 CET 2003

The way to change the behavour of print.default() is to alter the source
code, which you can do as R is Open Source but you may find daunting.

I find sprintf() more useful than formatC(), but your mileage may differ.
In either case you can do as the internals of print.default do, and
calculate the format from the characteristics of the set of numbers
supplied.  Just write your own special-pupose format routine.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk