[R] segmented regression

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Tue Feb 25 18:27:21 CET 2003

This can be done by hand, for example by using linear regression to
find the minimum residual sum-of-squares for fixed x(0), then using
an optimizer (for non-differentiable objective fns) to minimize over x(0).

You may want to have a look at polymars in the polspline package.  It will
fit linear splines in multiple variables, with multiple knots (your x(0)).

Reid Huntsinger