[R] horizontal high-density lines?

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Feb 26 22:46:02 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Remko Duursma wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the option type="h" in plot() makes nice vertical (histogram-like)
> lines. Is there a way to make similar, horizontal lines?  I can
> of course resort to using lines() multiple times, but i was hoping
> that there is a more elegant solution.

Yes - turn your head sideways.  But, seriously, for hardcopy plots
I have been known to rotate all the text and all the labels, and use
axis() commands to reverse the left-to-right ordering of labels along
an axis, in order to get a plot that I could turn sideways after it
was printed.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -