[R] R problems

Ulises Mora Alvarez umalvarez at fata.unam.mx
Fri Feb 28 00:19:03 CET 2003

> Hi.
> I have an ibook G3/800 running 10.2.4, with Mac's X11.
> Up until a few days ago, R was working fine but recently it stopped working.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> dyld: /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R.bin version mismatch for library:
> /usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib (compatibility version of user: 6.0.0
> greater than library's version: 5.0.0)
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> which seems to imply that it wants a higher version of this library,
> although I think it's been using version 5 all along.
>
> I've been having a lot of unrelated problems with my computer, so a lot
> of things have changed and it's hard to say what might have happened.
>
> Thus far, I have moved all my old X11R6 and X11 directories elsewhere,
> including the Library/Receipts for them, and reinstalled Mac's X11 and
> SDK, but that didn't work.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Janet Rosenbaum
> PhD Candidate, Health Policy
> Center for Basic Research in the Social Sciences, Harvard University

Hi:

It would be more helpfull if you give more information. How do you install
R, precompiled or from the source?

Any way, I have R running on the same hardware; I did install it from the
source through fink. Among many others, the following files are on
/sw/lib/

libncurses++.5.0.2.dylib
libncurses++.5.dylib
libncurses++.a