[R] NULL object, R programming

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Feb 28 06:15:06 CET 2003

When you set the second attribute of the list to NULL, it actually
eliminated that attribute, so the length(a) went from 3 to 2.  If you
don't like that, try the following:

	a <- list(a=3, b=4, c=5)
	a[["b"]] <- NULL

You can still refer to the attributes of the list via a[["a"]],
a[["c"]]], a$a, a$b, etc., and get what you expect even though though
the length of the list has been reduced.

Spencer Graves