[R] unable to install redhat 8.0 rpm

Jonathan Baron baron at cattell.psych.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 2 14:00:03 CET 2003

On 01/02/03 04:39, Hubert wrote:
>I've just installed Redhat 8.0 + latest updates on a Intel PC and am
>trying to install the R 1.6.1-2 rpm but get the following:
>
># rpm -i R-1.6.1-2.i386.rpm
>warning: R-1.6.1-2.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 97d3544e
>error: Failed dependencies:
>         libtcl.so.0 is needed by R-1.6.1-2
>         libtk.so.0 is needed by R-1.6.1-2
>
>What am I missing?

Some programs.  (Why they did not get installed when you
installed RH 8 is something I do not know.)  One way to
find such things is to go to http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/ and
type the name of what you are missing into the search box.  In
this case, you will see that you need the rpm for tcl, and the
one for tk, both of which have versions for RH 8.0.  Download
them and install them (as root) in the usual way, e.g.:
rpm -Uvh tcl* tk*
(or use the tab key to complete the names).

Jon Baron