[R] .Rprofile problems

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 5 23:50:03 CET 2003

I think the problem may be that Windows Explorer does not allow a name
starting with `.'.   However, the command-line and decent editors do.

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Christian Schulz wrote:

> ...your .Rprofile is "automatic integrated" when
> you starts R. You don't need to load it
> in your workspace !
> You can modify the settings  in    /etc/Rprofile

I assume you mean ...\rw1061\etc\Rprofile.  That's not the same though, as
it is executed into package base and not the user workspace.

See ?Startup for a fuller explanation.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk