[R] Generating .R and .Rd files with Sweave/noweb?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Jan 7 20:22:05 CET 2003

>>>>> "bjørn-helge" == Bjørn-Helge Mevik <bhx2 at mevik.net> writes:

    bjørn-helge> I'm writing a couple of related functions, and I'd like to generate a
    bjørn-helge> (single) .R file (containing the function definitions), and separate .Rd
    bjørn-helge> files (documenting each function).

    bjørn-helge> Would this be possible with Sweave/noewb?  Has anyone tried something
    bjørn-helge> along this idea?

Yes, but it isn't as automated as one might want.  Doug Bates
suggested a possibly better format/processing system recently to me
(which might be alternatively useful as a post-noweb/sweave processor,
instead of on its own): doxygen, which uses javadoc-style comments,
and whose resulting documentation COULD be converted to *.Rd style
results.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ ----------------
FHCRC: M: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(my tuesday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)