[R] Access to R from a remote location - follow up

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 10 09:02:03 CET 2003

    Roger> This is possible because I've done it many times.
    Roger> But I think whether or not your job gets killed when
    Roger> you log out depends on your shell/operating system.

yes.
For R on Unix alikes the easiest way probably is

    R BATCH myscript.R &

where the final "&" is absolutely crucial and mentioned on the
help(BATCH) page.
Since "R BATCH" does a "--save" automatically and since I never
work with .RData (but rather with explicit save()s and load()s
when needed), my "myscript.R" would end with

 q("no")

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><