[R] Creating packages

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 10 14:14:24 CET 2003

I am trying to create a package. I have succeeded in running R CMD check
and R CMD build on an Intel box running Redhat. I would now like to
build it on Windows as well. There is no compiled code in the package at
all.

I have downloaded the tools from Brian Ripley's Building R for Windows
page, and installed Active Perl 5.8.0. I have set paths, and Rcmd and the
tools are being found ok. I am having trouble though as follows:

C:\dscott\Temp>ls
hyperb  hyperbtemp

C:\dscott\Temp>set TMPDIR=hyperbtemp

C:\dscott\Temp>Rcmd build hyperb
* checking for file 'hyperb/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'hyperb':
Error: cannot write to 'hyperbtemp/Rutils113288500'

I get a similar cannot write error if I try and run check.

System details are

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    6.1
year     2002
month    11
day      01
language R

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland	NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Webmaster, New Zealand Statistical Association:
        http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/nzsa/