[R] Problem about Rprof() (Windows build 1.6.2)

asone@latte.harvard.edu asone at latte.harvard.edu
Sun Jan 12 09:10:03 CET 2003

Dear R users:

I have a problem about Rprof() on R for windows (Version 1.6.2
(2003-01-10)).

When I tried to run an R program, which yields non-empty profiling
results with Rcmd Rprof on R (windows: Version 1.5.0 Patched
(2002-06-12)),  I got the following empty result:

Each sample represents 0.01 seconds.
Total run time:  seconds.

Total seconds: time spent in function and callees.
Self seconds: time spent in function alone.

   %       total       %       self
 total    seconds     self    seconds    name

   %       self        %       total
 self     seconds    total    seconds    name

summaryRprof() was also tried, but what I got is the following message:

> summaryRprof(filename = "Rprof_xtab_none.out")
Error in summaryRprof(filename = "Rprof_xtab_none.out") :
        no events were recorded

I noticed this problem when I tested the same R program on R (windows)
Version 1.6.1 last year.

Did I miss some important announcement concerning Rprof() between R 1.5.
0 and 1.6.1?

My platform-R_version information is as follows:

sysname=Windows
release=NT 5.0
version=(build 2195) Service Pack 3
machine=x86