[R] Ideas needed on automation of R

Amund Tveit amund.tveit at idi.ntnu.no
Mon Jan 13 09:11:02 CET 2003

Rex,

Maybe RPy (Python interface to R) could be of help in automating R? Logging
is then made very flexible using Python.

- http://rpy.sourceforge.net/
- http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/rpy_demo.html

If you combine it with py2exe you could possibly create an
windows-executable file that controls R. Then you can also use Win2K's
(scheduled) service functionality for running the application. (This is
untried though, but assumed to work).

- http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,