[R] [R]Summary: Random number generator in R compared to S

Alain LE TERTRE a.letertre at invs.sante.fr
Wed Jan 15 09:47:03 CET 2003

Thanks to tom blackwell and Paul Gilbert for the help on my question below.
Tom suggested using a system command in S to run R  (using a batch file),
apply the functions, generate output in a file readable in S.
Paul suggested to use his function to generate random number in S with the
same random number generator used in R (see his syskern package).
thanks again

O__ ---- Alain Le Tertre
 c/ /'_ --- Institut de Veille Sanitaire (InVS)
(*) \(*) -- 12 rue du val d'Osne
~~~~~~~~~~ - 94415 Saint Maurice cedex FRANCE
Voice: 33 1 41 79 67 50 Fax: 33 1 41 79 67 68
email: a.letertre at invs.sante.fr