[R] Updating R

Prof Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 15 15:00:03 CET 2003

On what OS?

On Windows, see the rw-FAQ Q2.5.  As you may need one later than your
ancient version of R possesses, look on CRAN or at

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/R/rw-FAQ.html

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, CG Pettersson wrote:

> Hi!
> The installing and updating functions for packages in R (install.package() , update.package()) really impresses me in behavior.
> For the moment I run R 1.5.1 and got warning messages after installing the
"multcomp" package, as it is built under R 1.6.1.

Is this Windows, then?  If so, no wonder: the ReadMe on CRAN does say that
the precompiled packages are for rw1060 or later.

> Is there any similar smooth ways of updating the R-version as there is for packages?
I´ve looked in all places I can think of but can´t find any hints.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk