[R] Calling R function from within C code

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 17:49:03 CET 2003

It's hard to know where to start from.  A pairlist is a linked list of R
objects, a generic vector (of mode list) is an array of pointers to R
objects.  They are just different (and I've simplified by ignoring
tags/names).  A paired list has sequential access, a generic vector random
access, but it is less expensive to append to / insert in a pairlist.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk