[R] graphics

Federico Calboli f.calboli at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 18:51:03 CET 2003

Dear R community,

I need to plot the results of some simulations I did using QTL
Cartographer. I am plotting LOD scores over three chromosomes. The three
plot have to be one next to the other.

The procedure I am using is:

par(mfrow=c(1,3))
plot(x$x, x$y, ylim=c(0,35), type="l", col="blue", las=1, xaxs="i",
yaxs="i", xlab="X Chromosome", ylab="LOD")
abline(h=3.055)

plot(ch2$x, ch2$y, ylim=c(0,35), type="l", col="blue", yaxt="n", xaxs="i",
yaxs="i", xlab="Chromosome 2", ylab="")
abline(h=3.055)

plot(ch3$x, ch3$y, ylim=c(0,35), type="l", col="blue", yaxt="n", xaxs="i",
yaxs="i", xlab="Chromosome 3", ylab="")
abline(h=3.055)

This works fine but I would like to improve it a bit. I would like the same
scaling along the x axis so that the plot for longer chromosomes and
shorter ones looks "in scale". Second thing, I'd like to have the three
plots much closer together, the space between plots given by mfrow at the
moment is far too much.

Regards,

Federico Calboli

=========================