[R] kriging in R

Yan Yu yanyu at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 17 06:07:03 CET 2003

Hi, all,
   Have anyone used kringing included in R?  How is it?
Does it handle anisotropy data well?
How does it compare with Kriging in Arc/Info? or other geostatistics
software customized to do kriging or other geostatistics functions?

I tried Easykriging, a geostatistics tool developed for Matlab. It has
very nice GUI, but it does not provide library which i can call in my programs.
so it is good for doing it mannually for small number of data set. but if
i have large number of data set, and i want to automate the kriging
process for those data set, Does anyone have good recommendation on what
software to use?  something that can be called in c/c++ code(or matlab)
and freeware:) is preferred..

Thanks a lot in advance for any input.
yan