[R] barplot plotting problem

Jeremy Butler butje612 at student.otago.ac.nz
Fri Jan 17 06:43:03 CET 2003

Hi,
Is there any equivalent of type="n" when constructing barplots which will
still construct the axes (plot=F, as it says doesn' plot anything at all).
Alternatively I tried setting col="white" and border="white" but the border
command does not seem to be operational. True??

Any other ideas? What I'm actually trying to do is construct vertical
abline()'s _behind_ my plotted data. It seems to me that this requires axes
construction then abline plotting then data plotting. Fine for plot() etc.
but I don't seem to be able to manage it when barplotting. Is there some
other way to do this that I'm missing?
Cheers, Jeremy

Jeremy Zachariah Butler BSc(hons)
Department of Geography		phone:	64 3 479 8788
University of Otago		fax:	64 3 479 8706
Te Whare Wananga o Otago	e-mail: butje612 at student.otago.ac.nz
P.O. Box 56, Dunedin			jerrytheshrub at hotmail.com
New Zealand				jeremybutler at paradise.net.nz