[R] help.start() setup with netscape

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 08:54:02 CET 2003

options(browser="netscape"), e.g. in R_HOME/etc/environ, or just call
help.start(browser="netscape"): this is all in ?help.start.

Note the issue is how you set up the Java plugin: search the archives for
hints (which were to look on the mozilla release notes archive, as I
recall).  Mozilla 1.1 can I believe be made to work if some link is added.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk