[R] DBI/ROracle for remote database connection ?

Luke Whitaker luke at inpharmatica.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 15:10:06 CET 2003

Hello,

I have installed the ROracle and DBI packages, and I want to
access an Oracle database that is not on the same machine
as the one I am running R on.

I can access the database remotely with perl DBI and Java JDBC.
Does anyone know if this is possible using R DBI/ROracle ? I
have looked through the documentation and also tried to guess
at things which might work, but with no success.

I have also looked at using ODBC, but apparently there isn't an
inexpensive ODBC oracle driver for linux.

platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu