[R] Debian packages of pmg et al for menu driven GUI using RGtk

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 18 16:32:02 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:56:04PM -0500, verzani at math.csi.cuny.edu wrote:
> I've put together a quick and dirty menubar + dialogs + spreadsheet
> GUI for R using the RGtk package. Performance is not great (OOP is a
> real memory hog?), the design may be worse, but the hope is that it
> will be useful in an introductory stats course while we await the
> arrival of a real gui with ObveRsive and SciViews.
>
> The package can be found at
>
> http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/Statistics/R/pmg/
>
> Feedback welcome.

I have Debian packages of all the required pieces available at

  http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/R/ 	   [ note the trailing /R ]

which allows anyone running Debian testing or unstable to take a peek John's
most interesting code, play with and cleanly uninstall it if need be.

The files are

    r-cran-pmg_0.1-1_i386.deb
    r-omegahat-oop_0.4.2.R-1_i386.deb
    r-omegahat-rgdkpixbuf_0.1-1_i386.deb
    r-omegahat-rgtk_0.6.0-1_i386.deb
    r-omegahat-rgtkextra_0.1-1_i386.deb

and of these, only r-omegahat-rgtk has thus far been part of the Debian
distributions.  I'd welcome feedback from Debian users to see if there is
interest in having Duncan's other modules be part of the Debian
distribution.

Dirk

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
				             -- Niels Bohr