[R] Plot using different symbols depending on value.

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Tue Jan 21 13:25:03 CET 2003

I am making a plot from R indicating an average, min and max value for a
number of sample types. as horizontal lines with the sample types on the
y-axis. (see http://home.newmedia.no/sickel/R.html for the plot and code) In
some cases, the min value is the detection limit, and I would like to
indicate that bu using a <, rather than the usual | I use for indicating the
value.
I am plotting each of the values using:

  points(low[s],s+offset,col=i/3,pch='I')

Is it some kind of inline if, iif(cond,true,false), function in R? I have
looked for it but not found it.

Regards

Moretn