[R] running R inside of e-macs

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jan 21 15:43:03 CET 2003

Dear Chris or Laura,

Not finding .Rhistory on first use is normal. Since you mention Rterm, I
guess that you're using Windows. I've prepared some instructions for use of
ESS with Windows (oriented towards XEmacs rather than Emacs), which are at
<http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Books/Companion/ESS/index.html>.

Maybe these would be of some use to you.

John

At 09:52 PM 1/20/2003 -0500, Chris & Laura McRae wrote:
>I can't start r inside of  emacs. When I try it says that it cannot find
>.Rhistory and then it says " This program ( pressumably Rterm) has
>performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.". How can I fix this
>problem?
>
>         [[alternate HTML version deleted]]

John Fox
Department of Sociology