[R] rpart help

Doug Kitch dkitch at sdac.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 21 16:25:03 CET 2003

Hello.  I am not sure if you can help me or not but I have a dataset with
N ~ 4000 with binary response and p ~ 0.08, regardless of how many or
how few variables I offer I get the following message: 'Error in
rpart(formula, method="class"): No splits could be created Dumped.' If I
run tree with the same dataset (no missing data) in S I get results.  Is
there a problem with large datasets in rpart?

Also, do you happen to know the parameter options which
will make rpart and tree act the same.  I am wondering if
this is possible since I have no missing data.

Thank you for any help you can offer,
Doug Kitch

Doug Kitch, M.S.
Statistician/COMP RAC