[R] Problems for 13 year old

ggrothendieck@yifan.net ggrothendieck at yifan.net
Fri Jan 24 14:32:06 CET 2003

I would like to teach some scientific/statistical computing to my 13
year old nephew and was considering using R for this.  He has a Mac G3
OS 9.1.

I am looking for ideas for problems that would be interesting and
motivating for someone that age.  I recently taught him the basics of
HTML and noticed that he particularly was intrigued by the ability to
change colors; thus, perhaps problems that involve flashy color plots
would keep his attention.

Thanks for any ideas.