[R] survey package

Marwan Khawaja mk36 at aub.edu.lb
Mon Jan 27 09:17:02 CET 2003

This is great! Thanks Thomas!
Marwan

-Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:55:12 -0800 (PST)
-From: Thomas Lumley <tlumley at u.washington.edu>
-To: r-announce at r-project.org
-Subject: [R] survey package

-A new package `survey' for analysing complex survey samples is on CRAN.
I-t handles stratification, clustering, and unequal sampling probabilities
-in descriptive statistics, glms, and general maximum likelihood fitting.
-The package is still under development:
-  - it doesn't do the finite population correction to variances
-  - it needs some real life worked examples

-Most importantly, though, I don't do this sort of analysis routinely, so
-it's possible that some part of the interface is completely insane from
-the viewpoint of practising survey statisticians. Now would be an
-excellent time to complain.

-	-thomas

-Thomas Lumley			Asst. Professor, Biostatistics
-tlumley at u.washington.edu	University of Washington, Seattle

Marwan Khawaja 	<http://webfaculty.aub.edu.lb/~mk36  if you have MS Explorer