Ramon Diaz rdiaz at cnio.es
Mon Jan 27 14:30:04 CET 2003

Dear All,

I received several helpful replies to my original query (reproduced below);
thanks to Frank Harrell, Paul Hewson, Pat Althman, and Chunlou Yung.
Basically, I was directed to Laura Thompsons' S-PLUS manual for Agresti's
1990 Categorical Data Analysis (available from

http://math.cl.uh.edu/~thompsonla/5537/Splusdiscrete.PDF),

to Presnell's briefer document

(http://web.stat.ufl.edu/~presnell/Teaching/sta4504-2000sp/R/R-CDA.pdf) and to

the material available from Pat Althman's page:

http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~pat.

I was also reminded that Frnak Harrell's recent "Regresion modeling
strategies" book has several chapter with plenty of material on binary and
ordinal logistic regression. (See http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat/rms
for more information.)

Best,

Original query
***********************************
Dear All,

We are about to purchase the second edition of Agresti's "Categorical Data
Analysis" (my old copy of the first ed. of that wonderful book is falling
apart). I would appreciate suggestions about other comparable books which, if
possible, have examples using R/S code (instead of SAS).

Thanks,

Ramón

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
http://bioinfo.cnio.es/~rdiaz