[R] browser() misbehavior ?

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 20:25:03 CET 2003

If I understand you correctly, the call is not ignored (you get a browser
prompt up), but the browser gets quit immediately, as if return had been
pressed.  Note that no error has occurred at the point when browser() is
called, so whether the next statement will give an error ought to be
immaterial.

I don't have access to NT4, but on XP it works as expected (and I do this
sort of thing all the time).  Puzzling ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk