[R] Downloading Package

Peter von Rohr vonrohr at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 30 12:57:02 CET 2003

Hello Vincent,

> I am a beginner in using R so my question could seem very simple. I would
> like to download the package multiv to do multivariate data analysis. The
> package I download seems to be a file meant for UNIX and I am using a Window
> OS. How could I download and install correctly this file?

although i am not using R for windows, but there are binaries for
windows available for multiv at:
http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/multiv.zip

you may want to read the documentation about how to install pakages from
http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN/doc/manuals/R-admin.pdf (chapter 5).

depending on where you are physically, you may want to select another
cran mirror for a list of mirrors see:
http://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html

hth, peter

--
Peter von Rohr                       http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~vonrohr
Institute of Scientific Computing                vonrohr at inf.ethz.ch
ETH-Zentrum, HRS H23                           phone: +41 1 632 7473
CH - 8092 Zurich                                 fax: +41 1 632 1374