[R] Error using Tsp

W. C. Thacker Carlisle.Thacker at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 3 20:24:27 CEST 2003

Hello all,

My first try with the fields library's Tsp function, trying to imitate
the ozone example with my data, has resulted in the following error
message:

> fit <- Tps(as.matrix(all.60[,5:6]),as.vector(all.60[,3]))
Error in if (den < 0) { : missing value where logical needed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: GCV search gives a minumum at the endpoints of the grid search in:

Krig.find.gcvmin(info, lambda.grid, gcv.grid$GCV.one, Krig.fgcv.one,
2: no finite arguments to max; returning -Inf

What does the error message mean?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Carlisle

PS:  all.60 is a dataframe containing oceanographic data from 60m
depth.
 Columns 5 and 6 are longitude and latitude and column 3 is
temperature.

PPS:  I'm using Windows XP
> version
         _