[R] the huge postscript plot

Yongchao Ge gyc at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 5 09:15:10 CEST 2003

> Another alternative is to insert pdf graphs into latex. The way you do this
> is to use pdflatex with the graphicx package. In the preamble of your latex
> document, put
>
> \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}  instead of \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
>
> somewhere. When you run the document, use pdflatex file.tex instead of
> latex. Otherwise, it's essentially the same process. The only headache is
> that pdflatex won't let you overwrite an existing pdf output file, but
> there are clearly many ways to handle that little annoyance.

Hi Dennis,

Sure, this works out but I need to produce ps and pdf documents so I
have to use dvips and ps2pdf, not pdflatex. I also need to convert all my
ps file to pdf file by epstopdf, which is OK, but may not
be perfect. I still like to have a solution that can work it on the level
of producing ps file from R environment.