[R] Warnings (was: (no subject))

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Jul 8 18:20:42 CEST 2003

1.  Please use a descriptive subject line.

2.  In "?warnings", "See also" refers to "warning".  "Details" for the
latter state, " The result depends on the value of `options("warn")'.

      If `warn' is negative warnings are ignored; if it is zero they are
      stored and printed after the top-level function has completed; if
      it is one they are printed as they occur and if it is 2 (or
      larger) warnings are turned into errors."

3.  Another important search facility is provided by "www.r-project.org"
-> search -> "R site search".  A search there for "warnings" gave me
thousands of hits, but "warnings as they occur" gave me 29, one of which
produced the information just provided in item 2 above.

hope this helps.  spencer graves