[R] XML Package.

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 10 15:26:40 CEST 2003

Stephen C. Upton wrote:

> Eryk,
>
> If you go here on the CRAN, you should be able to find an XML.zip
>

>  /pub/languages/R/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib

a) That directory is of your local CRAN mirror, please use soemthing
like "CRAN/bin/windows/contrib" as a mirror-independent way to specify
the location.

b) That locations contains only binary versions for R < 1.7.0, so it is
*not appropriate* for a recent installation.
For R-1.7.x, CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/1.7 is the right place to look into.

c) Everything is clear when reading the ReadMe which points out the
answer Duncan Temple Lang already has given:

"The packages
   SJava, XML, netCDF, and xgobi
are available at
   http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin
kindly provided by Professor Brian D. Ripley."

These packages are not available from CRAN, because they don't compile
out of the box with my automated scripts on my machine.

Uwe Ligges