[R] Random Numbers

dcum007@ec.auckland.ac.nz dcum007 at ec.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 11 02:35:24 CEST 2003

I thank all who replied to my first post regarding random number gereration in
R. I have taken all your advice and read much about the gereration of random
numbers. I have managed to find a few pieces of code that I have converted for
my Java program and am now at the stage of testing these systems. I have found
a number of articles on the testing of random numbers and some nice tests that
can be done. Are any of these in-built in R (such as the serial correlation,
birthday spacings...).
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
David