[R] a Q re. Kriging package

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Sun Jul 13 00:22:00 CEST 2003

On 12 Jul 2003 at 11:19, Yan Yu wrote:

Kriging is an exact interpolator PROVIDED you have a variogram model
with no nugget effect. If there is an nugget effect, kriging is not
an exact interpolator. If any package implementing kriging in R
do not give results according to this (modulo rounding error), it is
in error. I have never seen problems with this, but have not tried
all kriging implementations in R!

Kjetil Halvorsen