[R] Memory size

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Jul 13 15:14:29 CEST 2003

Silika Tereshchenko wrote:

> Daer all,
>
> I have the problem. I could not run the regression, because I have always the
> warning message "memory.size". from the help file I learned that it is possible
> to increase the memory size, but I did not undestand how could I do it. Could
> you please explaine it to me. I would be very grateful for it.

So you have read ?Memory, and hopefully the manuals as well?
Which part of ?Memory is unclear?
Additionally, tell us the Operating System and your version of R as well
(assuming the recent R-1.7.1).

BTW: Your problem might be too big to be easily solvable with the amount
of RAM in your machine.

> The second question: I obtained from the regression the coefficient "6.003e-3"
> and "0.0345e+3". What daos it mean?

scientific notation:
6.003e-3  = 6.003  * 10^(-3) =  0.006003
0.0345e+3 = 0.0345 * 10^(3)  = 34.5

Uwe Ligges