[R] bug?

M. Edward Borasky znmeb at aracnet.com
Mon Jul 14 15:02:49 CEST 2003

To be more precise, the decimal number 0.1 does not have an exact binary
equivalent. A long time ago, there was a book called, IIRC, "Pascal with
Style" or something of that ilk, which set out the warning "Never compare
floating point numbers for equality."

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
mailto:znmeb at borasky-research.net
http://www.borasky-research.net

"Suppose that tonight, while you sleep, a miracle happens - you wake up
tomorrow with what you have longed for! How will you discover that a miracle
happened? How will your loved ones? What will be different? What will you
notice? What do you need to explode into tomorrow with grace, power, love,
passion and confidence?" -- L. Michael Hall, PhD