[R] How to use fortrane compiler to install unix R???

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 16:41:28 CEST 2003

On 15-Jul-03 kny wrote:
> Hi:
>   I am a R beginner,and I had a problem about installing R on
> unix(Dec-Tru64 alpha)
> my system had been installed fortrane complier,and I also
> follow manual document to do following procedure.
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> but ,when I do 'make' there are something wrong,and 'make' procedure
> will be stopped,and also 'make install'.
> please help me to solve this problem.thanks.

Did you get any apparent error messages from './configure'? If you did,
this will indicate whether your system lacks something essential, or
is not properly set up for the job.

If not:
An indication of where things went wrong, and possibly of what went
wrong, should be available in the output from 'make'.

However, this is often voluminous, so I suggest you try

  make 2>somewhere/make.errors

where "somewhere" is a convenient directory to store the stuff. Then
page through this, and try to identify indications of problems.

Good luck,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 15-Jul-03                                       Time: 15:41:28