[R] how to handle missing values

Tor A Strand Tor.Strand at cih.uib.no
Wed Jul 16 12:11:32 CEST 2003

This group impresses me, so far I have been helped with all my questions
within 24 hours. Thanks.

Therefore another one.

I am used to programs (such as STATA) where observations with missing values
that are included in a model are simply ignored in the analysis. So far I
have not been able to figure out how to deal with missing values in R and
have solved the problem by deleting observations with missing values before

Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this in a simpler way?

Sincerely,

Dr. Tor A Strand
Centre for International Health
Haukeland Hospital
University of Bergen
5021 Bergen
Norway
Phone: (country prefix 47)
Residence:56 51 10 88, office: 55 97 49 80,
fax: 55 97 49 79, cellular:  90 97 10 86