[R] searching (was Looking to maximize a conditional likelihood)

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Jul 18 00:30:29 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 15:06, Peter Dalgaard BSA wrote:
> Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu> writes:
>

> > This leads to a general search question: is there a way I could have
> > done a search on "conditional logit" and found this?
>
> In R itself, probably not. The CRAN search engine at
>
> http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/search.html
>
> will get you there if you search for "conditional logistic".

Hmm... if I limit the search to "functions" and enter "conditional
logistic" the clogit function is the 17th of 18 hits.  It's good that it
found it, but sort of weird it ranks it so low.

Among other things the search engine seems not to give points for the
search words being in the page title (I think it's the only one that
meets this requirement) or to their adjacency.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4          ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 476-9856
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143-0840                     hm:  (415) 550-1062