[R] R won't connect to the internet

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 11:32:19 CEST 2003

Hi

I can't get R to connect to the internet.  I am running R 1.7.1 on Windows XP and whenever I try to download packages etc from within R using the internet, it fails.

OK so I am behind a firewall and use a proxy server....

SO, if I go to my MS-DOS prompt and type:

	RGui.exe --internet2

everything works....

BUT i can't set up a shortcut for this as Windows (I hate Windows) complains that RGui.exe --internet2 is invalid and won't save it

So do I have to go into MS-DOS everytime I want to start up R???

Thanks
Mick