[R] Problem with packages...

Mario Alberto Cozzuol mario at unir.br
Mon Jul 21 00:41:35 CEST 2003

Hi, I just installed the last version of R taken from the CRAN mirron in
University of Viçosa, Brasil. Since I use Mandrake 9.1 I get the proper .rpm
file. I installed fine and all the test runs OK.
I tryied to install sevela packages ussing the
install.packages("package.name")
and the installation runs OK... apparently.
However, when I try to use the new package I get the following message for all
them (in this example for GRASS module):
Error: couldn't find function "GRASS.connect".
In this specific case I tryed with GRASS running and without as well as
launching R from inside GRASS but nothing works.
The worst part is the tha very same happend with all the other packages, like
GraspeR, geoR, akima, etc....
Well, I tryed to get something about that in the mailing list archives, but I
found nothing up to now. Any one have any idea about where is the problem? (I
guess it is sitting on my chair!)
My system: Mandrake 9.1, R 1.7.1-1mdk, tcl/tk 8.3.3-21.mdk...

Thnak you in advance!

Mario

--
Dr. Mario A. Cozzuol