[R] Lattice: how to draw some text outside the panel?

Wladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Mon Jul 21 16:50:33 CEST 2003

Dear r-help

   I draw plots with xyplot() function.

   Each plot contains also a line of regression.
   I want to write the trend value and its significance
   (obtained with lm()) below each panel.
   I use ltext() for this.
   But the text is cut, when it comes outside a panel.
   Moreover (obviously), it doesn't appear at all when its
   coordinates are outside a panel.

   Could you, please, be so kind to give me a direction to walk
   in order to have a text written below a panel.

   Thank you!

--
Best regards
Wladimir Eremeev                                     mailto:wl at eimb.ru

Research Scientist                                Leninsky Prospect 33,
Space Monitoring & Ecoinformation Systems Sector, Moscow, Russia, 119071,
Institute of Ecology,                             Phone: (095) 135-9972;
Russian Academy of Sciences                       Fax: (095) 954-5534