[R] curves with shaded areas?

Johannes Fuernkranz johannes.fuernkranz at t-online.de
Tue Jul 22 13:00:00 CEST 2003

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> See ?polygon, ?rect for how to shade areas.

Thank you.
This covers most but not all of my problems. :-)

> If you make a plot with abline, surely it has no curves (only straight
> lines)?

Right, sorry. I was a bit over-simplifying my problem, because I thought
this can be done with a general plot parameter (something like lty), and
most of the graphs I am plotting are actually straight regression lines.

The tougher cases are those wher I want to shade the area inside /
outside a specific contour line (produced with 'contour'). Can this be
done as well?

Thanks for your help,

						Juffi