[R] greek in main title

Jerome Asselin jerome at hivnet.ubc.ca
Tue Jul 22 18:32:06 CEST 2003

Here is another solution. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish
with font.main=6, though. See ?par for details: have a closer look at the
description for "font" option.

Cheers,
Jerome

  theta <- 2
  layout(matrix(c(1:4),2,2,byrow=TRUE))
  par(bg = "cornsilk")
  n <- c(1,10,25,50)
  for(i in 1:4)  {
     xbar <- rep(0, 1000)
     for (j in 1:1000)
        xbar[j] <- mean(rexp(n[i], rate = 1/theta))
     heading <- paste("paste(plain('Exp w/ '),theta,' = ", theta,
     hist(xbar, prob = TRUE, breaks = "FD", main=parse(text=heading),
          font.main = 6,
          col = "lightgray", xlab = expression(bar(x)))
     xbar <- sort(xbar)
     points(xbar, dnorm(xbar, mean = theta, sd = theta/sqrt(n[i])),
        type = "l", col = 2)
    }