[R] lattice: how to format axis labels?

Wladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Wed Jul 23 10:21:07 CEST 2003

Dear r-help,

  I draw graphics with xyplot() function.
  Labels on the y axis are appearing as follows: "1.5, 1, 0.5, 0"

  I'd like to have them to be "1.5, 1.0, 0.5, 0.0", i.e. with fixed
  number of digits after the dot (one in this case).

  Is there any way to do this without implicit specifying labels?

  And some questions about font.

  Unfortunately I cannot find in the documentation how to make the
  axis labels bold.

  What's the difference between fonts 1, 2, 3 and 4?
  I have tried them all (trellis.par.set("par.xlab.text",list(font=4));),
  but haven't seen any difference.

  I use R 1.7.1 on WindowsNT.

  Thank you!

--
Best regards
Wladimir Eremeev                                     mailto:wl at eimb.ru

Research Scientist                                Leninsky Prospect 33,
Space Monitoring & Ecoinformation Systems Sector, Moscow, Russia, 119071,
Institute of Ecology,                             Phone: (095) 135-9972;
Russian Academy of Sciences                       Fax: (095) 954-5534